HAVE YOU MADE YOUR APPOINTMENT YET?
If you’ve already met with one of our agents or have an upcoming appointment, THANK YOU for trusting ComPro to help you with your health insurance decision for 2023! If you still need to make an appointment, just call our office at (402) 488-5100.
OPEN ENROLLMENT: IMPORTANT CHANGES TO KNOW
Open Enrollment has begun and there are many changes that you will want to know about before you select your coverage for 2023.
1. Changes in the “Family Glitch” will give many people access to coverage through Healthcare.gov.
The “Family Glitch” refers to a rule within the Affordable Care Act that determines when an employer plan is affordable. The old rule based the calculation on the cost of employee only coverage and did not consider what the cost was to insure a family. The result has been that many family members went without insurance coverage because they could not afford the premium. Beginning in 2023, the rule has been changed. Now we will be able to base the calculation on the cost for family coverage in an employer plan. It will likely mean that an employee will enroll in the employer plan and the rest of the family may be eligible to get a Premium Tax Credit to enroll in a plan through Healthcare.gov.
2. Bright Health is leaving the Nebraska market and will not be available in 2023.
Those who have Bright Health in 2022 have been sent a letter from Healthcare.gov announcing that they have been assigned to a policy with a different company for 2023. We can update your application and work with you to make your own policy selection for next year. If you don’t do anything, your coverage will default to the policy and premium that has been preselected for you.
3. BlueCross BlueShield is returning to the individual market in Nebraska.
A variety of benefit plans and networks will be offered across the state.
Here is a summary of the companies and networks available in Nebraska in 2023.
• Medica Insure: Broad-based network available throughout the state.
• Medica with CHI: Available in counties with CHI affiliated hospitals.
• Elevate by Medica: Includes Nebraska Medicine, Nebraska Methodist Hospital System, and Bryan Medical Center. Available in the Omaha and Lincoln area.
• Nebraska Total Care: Available throughout the state; does not include CHI providers.
• Nebraska Heartland Blue with Blue Print Health: Features CHI Health System. Available in Omaha, Lincoln, and southeast Nebraska counties.
• Nebraska Heartland Blue with Premier Select Blue Choice: Features Nebraska Medicine, Nebraska Methodist Hospital System, and Bryan Medical Center. vailable in select counties in Omaha, Lincoln, southeast Nebraska, and central Nebraska.
• Nebraska Heartland Blue with Network Blue: Available in counties without Blue Print or Premier Select Blue Choice.
• Oscar Insurance Company.
• Individual Nebraska: Broad-based network available throughout the state.
Depending upon where you live, there will be from 72 to 107 options to consider. Let the agents at ComPro guide you with their expertise. Call 402-488-5100 to make an appointment. Open Enrollment continues through January 15, 2023.
WE’RE HERE TO HELP YOU!
These are the faces behind the friendly voices you hear when you call to make an appointment or to ask a question about your health insurance. Our Operations Team (pictured from left to right) includes Lisa Taylor, Dexter Beshaler, Anne Wallman, and Jessica Sims.
GOOGLE REVIEWS, PLEASE!
Have you had a positive experience with ComPro? We would very much appreciate you sharing this as a Google review.