With many people receiving their new insurance ID cards and plan information this time of year, it’s a great time to look into the value-added benefits that your insurance company provides.
- Attain – This combines health history with Apple watch activity to offer personalized goals, achievable actions and big rewards like gift cards from popular retailers.
- Peerfit – This program helps you stay active with monthly credits that can be redeemed for group fitness classes at gyms and fitness centers that participate in the Peerfit network. Includes virtual classes.
- Personal Health Record & Dashboard – Manage your medical history, prescriptions and treatment plans on your Aetna member website. You can also find online coaching programs to help you meet your health goals.
- More info: AttainByAetna.com, Peerfit.com/Aetna, Aetna.com
From Blue Cross:
- Blue 365 – This provides discounts on a wide range of healthy living products and services (including fitness gear, gym membership, fitness gear, hearing and vision deals, nutrition plans).
- Vitality – You can earn points through activities like completing preventive health exams, tracking your workouts and taking online nutrition courses to earn up to $150 in Amazon gift cards.
- Blue Health Advantage – Improve your health one step at a time by completing free monthly wellness challenges. Recruit coworkers, friends and family to tackle challenges with you.
- More info: NebraskaBlue.com/Blue365, PowerofVitality.com, NebraskaBlue.com/Wellness
- Free Preventive Prescriptions – This list of free prescriptions includes inhalers, oral and injectable diabetic medications, antidepressants, among many other categories. This can save a person hundreds of dollars a month in prescription costs!
- Sanvello – Better manage your behavioral health with the tools available in Sanvello – daily mood tracking, coping tools, guided journeys and personalized progress.
- Employee Assistance Program – Get 24/7 support from trained professionals to help you through life’s challenges. This benefit includes legal consultation, caregiver support, financial advice and counseling sessions.
- My Health Rewards – Earn points and get rewards with My Health Rewards, an online tool that helps you take small steps to reach your health goals. Earn up to $220 per year in rewards.
- More info: Medica.com/MyHealthRewards
From United Healthcare:
- Motion – This program is designed to promote physical activity. Employees are rewarded for simply “walking”. Employee rewards include deposits into their HRA or HSA (as applicable) which can be used to pay for health care expenses and an activity tracker.
- Real Appeal – Here’s a program that teaches employees how to eat healthier and be active, helping them achieve their weight loss goals. You’ll receive one-on-one coaching and a success kit with scales, recipes, fitness equipment and more.
- More info: UnitedHealthcaremotion.com, coach.werally.com
With so many value-added benefits offered, you are certain to find at least one program that you can benefit from. And these benefits are offered FREE OF CHARGE to applicable members. ComPro is here to help you connect the dots of your health insurance. Located at 1040 N. Cotner Blvd. in Lincoln, 402-488-5100. Visit our website at comproins.com.
By Kayla Northup – Employee Benefits Manager, Agent